Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Doing Site Visit

Leslie and I are doing a visit of our site in the Rakiraki area. I'm actually not supposed to disclose the exact town on this blog, but I think all of our friends know it already. This part of Viti Levu is beautiful. There are mountains to the south of us, and the ocean is very close. The diving in this area is supposed to be world class. This week we are staying with a current Peace Corps volunteer. The Peace Corps has not yet found a house for us, so we have been looking for a place to rent. Leslie will be taking over another volunteer's job with a local Indo-Fijian women's organization. I will be traveling to a nearby village to do environmental work. I will find our today a little more about what projects the village is looking at. A lot of times the host agencies have a misunderstanding about what Peace Corps does, so it will be nice to meet with my village and answer any questions they might have.

No comments: