Sunday, August 31, 2008

Cool Pictures Now

Ok, I promised Leslie I would post the people pictures first. Here are the photos I've been dying to post. School of blue green chromis.
Crown of thorns starfish. This guy was the size of a large pizza. They are poisonous and eat coral. Very scary.

Tomato anenomefish. Always fun to see.



Some kind of parrotfish. I'm thinking turquois-capped.



Whoa! Holy crap a shark. White-tipped reef shark. He was only about 4 ft long. I think Leslie peed in the ocean when she saw it, though.



2 comments:

The Rowles said...

AMAZING... John are you putting these on flickr at all? i want to see more. And what kind of camera set up do you have cause these underwater pics are phenomenal..
also how/where can we send stuff to you?

Leslie and John in Fiji said...

Hey Chris,
The camera is this underwater digital camera from olympus. I forget exactly what it is called. You can only go down 10 feet with it. I think I must have gone down deeper than 10 ft, because it's broken now. I probably won't post anything on flickr since the internet connection is so slow. I'll send you a CD of our pics at some point, though. I'll email you our mailing address.